Mental Illness Advocacy (MIA) Reading Challenge
Hunger, by Jackie Morse Kessler
- Rage, by Jackie Morse Kessler
- Man in the Dark, by Paul Auster
- Prozac Nation, by Elizabeth Wurtzel
(The button for which is being annoying, so just pretend it’s here)
Challenge Level: Eager for Challenge (4-6 books)
Books to Read: Too many! I’ll decide as I go along.
Heirs of Prophecy, by Michael Rothman: So I got this book as a free download on Amazon, which kind of made me question its quality. Now logically, I know that it makes sense for a new author to offer a first book free, to get people hooked, which is why I was feeling a bit guilty. It sounded good, but I’d been putting off reading it until now just because I didn’t have to pay for it. A bit stupid, as it was a great book!
Banned Books Challenge
Books to Read:
- The Satanic Verses, by Salman Rushdie
- The Catcher in the Rye, by JD Salinger
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
- Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
- Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury